Genealogy by the States – Week 52 – US Territories
This week’s blogging prompt is the United States Territories. Blog about an ancestor or your families connection to United States Territories. If you don’t have any connections to United States Territories, find a United States Territories resource useful for genealogy research to highlight and write about. This week’s prompt runs from 12/29/2013 – 1/4/2014. If you choose to follow along, I would appreciate a mention to the Hidden Genealogy Nuggets website.
There are a number of territories of the United States. The largest by population of which is Puerto Rico. There are many others including Guam, United States Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands and more. Perhaps you have ancestors who came from one of these territories. English may not be the native language of the territory and you may need to research records in Spanish or some other language.
A few United States Territories Genealogy Links
- Puerto Rican Hispanic Genealogical Society Inc.
- The Hispanic Genealogical Society of New York
- Archivo Histórico y Fotográfico de Puerto Rico
- Chamorro Roots Genealogy Project
- Guam Genealogy and Vital Records Links
- The Virgin Islands Public Library System
- CARIBBEAN GENEALOGY LIBRARY located in St. Thomas