Genealogy Planning for 2013
What are your genealogy plans for 2013? One of the best things which has worked for me in the past is to write down my goals for genealogy research as the new year is coming?
Here are some items you might want to put on your list to preserve your family history for the upcoming year;
- Write one short biography (or more) of one your favorite ancestors.
- Organize your papers you’ve accumulated.
- Organize your computer files related to genealogy
- Try to fill in specific blanks within your genealogy
- You may want to fill out an application for a heredity society such as the Union Sons of the Civil War.
- Perhaps you want to scan and save your old photos.
- What about taking photos of some heirloom objects and writing a short paragraph of how it relates to the family and how you came to have it.
- If you have a blog, perhaps you want to set a goal to blog at least once e week. Geneabloggers.com offers daily blogging prompts which helps bloggers develop content. Some prompts require very little writing such as Wordless Wednesday.
Your goals may look something like this at the end of your planning;
- Reorganize my paper files by 1/31/2013
- Reorganize my computer files by 3/31/2013
- Write short biography of John Charles Sanders by 6/30/2013.
- Write short biography of John Douglas Laurie by 12/31/2013.
- Try to locate the townland in Ireland where Patrick Fraher was born
Write downs your goals for 2013 today.